Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Soaking Wet



So ... today I woke up feeling like I was in a pitch black tunnel with a pen light not able to see a half a foot in front of me; but with the knowledge that God was in front of me ... it helped me start my day. 

It was going better as the morning went on, and I was focusing a bit better on the chores I had to do for the day,  so I decided to do the dishes; That was when I discovered I had a leak in my kitchen sink drain. LUCKILY I was able to just screw the main attachment back onto to the drain opening and Wala .. it worked.

Then I decided to clean up the initial mess that had been made, and as I removed a can of oven spray from under the very badly warped fiber board shelf in the cupboard, the shelf let loose and landed on the hot water hose out - let, braking the attached hoses, and instantly showering me with wonderful warm water from the fountain I had created.


 The water was coming out of the broken pipe at full blast and was hitting the underside of the sink, knocked off my glasses, leaving me quite blind I might add, and after a few select words, I regroup because I had to shut off the water.

Not knowing anything about plumbing, and getting busy signals with every phone call I made as the water fountain continued under my sink, I just knew to go to the main on the tank and the minute I turned the knob on the tank, it went off. 

FEWY ...that was was relief.

Then I rested a few minutes. I was feeling quite accomplished because honestly it was just a guess on how to shut off the water. I found my glasses, dried off my cloths and my hair and then I called to report the mishap. I told my sister in law not to worry, and to have my brother fix it when he could during the week, and I would shower at my cousins. My brother wasn't home anyway she said and she would tell him when he came home, but it would be later. 

Ten minutes later he pulled in. 

He didn't even know anything had happened, he had stopped by to get something else he needed. He came right in and looked at it and said, "it's not even broken off, the fitting just came out," but needed to be replaced because it was cracked. He went and bought a new one, glued it in, and after waiting half hour I had water. 

Simple ... I could not believe how simple it was to fix, and neither could he. It could have been SO MUCH WORSE. It could have taken hours to fix - it could have been a much bigger mess, I could have had a much bigger flood in my kitchen, I could have had soaking wet rugs and every towel could have been soaked, but that didn't happen. 

Not even close.

There was nothing to even mop up, and the kitchen is clean now. The rugs are drying and the cupboard is empty so the floor can dry over night, or a couple of nights, it got pretty wet under there, but only there, no where else. In the whole wet mess, I thank God for the ease of the whole crazy event.

All in all, I have had much worse days ... and I believe it was a blessing; along with a lesson.

The lesson being that God wants to show us just how easy life can be when he is the first one we go to - IN ALL THINGS, not just good things.

 He takes care of his children, even in days that start out in confusion. He always knows what we need and want and does a great job at providing. Just like making the water pipe brake not a brake at all, just a tiny fix. 

He does that.

And usually,  by the end of the day, there is order in the chaos, and it just makes me see how much He loves Me .. and wants our lives to be easy. (And loves you just as much, more that we will ever know).

Because in this life, most things are little things, even when you are soaking wet under the kitchen sink getting your glasses knocked off by a man made water fountain!
I can happily say that all is calm once again at this Lewis home!

I celebrated with a nice warm shower, and heart felt thanks to my God and my brother. 

God is SO, SO good!



No comments:

Post a Comment